Life Jackets are not very expensive and can be purchased easily in most towns and cities or here at Wear It Australia Shop Now!. Vessels and watercraft in Australian waters, by law, must have a specified number of life jackets aboard. Why then, do so many recreational boaties and sailors risk their and others lives by not wearing life jackets in potentially hazardous situations or either on water or off the “Rocks” – and in some cases, not even bothering to have enough on board for every crew member. Some are even left in their retail plastic bags and never opened for regular inspect and test!
Life Jackets Do Save Lives – even an Olympic swimmer should wear one when they are in open water or involved in activities such as fishing, power boating and jet-skiing.
- Should an accident happen, you may have to spend a long time in the water.
- You may have to swim to shore or;
- You could even be unconscious.
- A life jacket will keep you buoyant, particularly when tired.
- If you are out on the water your life jacket should always be on or nearby.
- A life jacket that is stowed away will be of no use to you in an emergency.
Ever witnessed Skipper and Crew trying to work out how to put their life jackets on while the vessel is sink? If it were not serious – it is full of laughter…
They’re of no use to you if they’re not worn!
In Australia, we’re here to encourage everyone on (or near) the water – from kayakers, rock fishermen to commercial trawlermen and professional sailing crews – to wear life jackets and potentially save life.
Thank you for taking the time to browse this site. WEAR IT AUSTRALIA!