SkippersMate has been a long time supporter of SOLAS (safety of life at sea – and on land) and so, we could not say no to selling the ZOLEO Global Satellite SOS Communicator. This unit, less than the size of a mobile phone, is a real game changer when it comes to distress alerts as it is a 2 Way Communicator, unlike the traditional forms of personal locator beacons which only send a single signal to the satellite network.
World-Wide Connectivity And A Safety System You Can Count On.
Free Mobile App. 24/7 Support. 2 – Year Warranty.
Destinations: No coverage, no worries., Message globally, No matter where you are.
Better still, this Australia company based in Melbourne, has a joint venture with one of the world’s leading partners with Iridium mobile satellite network operators.
Only ZOLEO connects with the free ZOLEO app on your phone or tablet, to provide seamless global messaging that follows you in and out of mobile coverage — plus added safety features you can count on world-wide.
ZOLEO extends your coverage to everywhere by transmitting messages over the Iridium satellite network via the device and mobile and Wi-Fi via the Zoleo app so you can always count on your connection:
- Offers a familiar ‘texting’ experience from your phone or tablet
- Makes it easy for contacts to reach you via your dedicated ZOLEO SMS number and email address
- Enables you to enjoy more value for your dollar versus other satellite communicators
What Can ZOLEO Do?
- Global 2-way text, email and app-to-app messaging
- Send an SOS alert with 24/7 emergency monitoring and dispatch included (provided by GEOS)
- Check-in with one touch, to let others know you’re OK
- Get DarkSky™ weather forecasts
- Share your GPS location with others
|Size (LxWxD):||9.1×6.6×2.7 cm|
|Ingress Protection:||IP68; dust- and water-resistant (to 1.5 m (4.9 ft) for 30 min)|
|Power Input:||Micro-USB Type B connector|
|Alert – SOS:||Covered SOS button prevents false alarms (also cancellable)|
|Alert Sound:||Audible alerts for messages (user-selected tone)|
|Location Range:||Internal GPS chip, location-aware (accurate to 2.5 m (8.2 ft))|
|LEDs for:||Messages, SOS, check-in, and power|
|Battery:||Rechargeable internal Lithium Ion|
|Battery life:||200+ hours|
|Charging time:||2 hours using 1.5 A charger|
|Operating Temperature:||-20°C to 55°C (-4°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature:||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Battery Charging Temperature:||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Bluetooth:||Connects via Bluetooth LE (one connection at a time; range of up to 50 m (164 ft))|
|Global Navigation Satellite System:||GPS, GLONASS|
|GPS Accuracy:||2.5 m (8.2 ft) under ideal conditions|
|Approvals:||FCC, CE, ISED, ITU, RCM, GITECKI, REACH ROHS, Iridium approved|
|EN 60945 maritime navigation and radio communication equipment (EMC) emissions & immunity tested|
|What’s In The Box|
|ZOLEO satellite communicator device|
|USB cable, 50 cm (20 inch)|
|Quick start guide|
|2 year warranty|
|ZOLEO Monthly Plans:||more info – click here|
|ZOLEO App – Free|
|App Store or Google Play:||more info – click here|
- Weight: 0.5 kg
- SOS Button: Alerts GEOS rescue centre
- Check-in Button: Let others know you are ok
- ZOLEO App - Free Download: Two way exchange SMS, email, check-in & weather
- Paid Subscription: Monthly AU$ plans
- Plan Flexibility: Change, suspend or cancel as needed
- ZOLEO Number: Exclusive SMS number and email address
- SOS Messaging: Unlimited